Does Jira do invoicing?
Jira in its most basic form does not include any information on the costs of work, such as wages, overheads and other project-related spendings. Right now, it only has the information on the time spent working on an issue.
As a result, Jira is incapable of invoicing even in its simplest form. The only type of bills it offers are the bills for the tools itself - and, as you can suppose, provide you with very limited information about your organization.
Can I create a billing report in Jira?
No; whether you just want to see the number of billable hours or their costs, Jira invoicing can’t help you do that.
In Jira invoicing, you can only limit the information visible in a report by going to the Report view of a Project timesheet -> Export, Printable.
Can I manage all the project invoices in Jira?
Jira won’t help you in that case, either; its basic version does not include invoice management. According to the Atlassian sources, add-ons (such as Primetric) are recommended for such features.
Can I use Jira to monitor overheads in the project?
While Jira may be helpful for monitoring the tasks in the projects, it does not have a dedicated option for monitoring overheads, such as costs of media, software or office space. The tool also cannot include overheads as a part of the price of billable hours.
To make matters even worse, it also can’t help you manage wages. Therefore, if you are looking for a project accounting tool, you may want to look elsewhere.
Is Jira invoice management possible?
No - even after creating the Jira invoice in add-ons and other tools you cannot manage the invoices exclusively in Jira. However, the additional software of your choice should have such an option. If it doesn’t, consider changing it to a different one.
How to use Jira for invoicing and more?
As you can see from the list of questions we answered for you above, Jira invoicing is a nearly nonexistent feature. Therefore, it cannot be used for project accounting or any other finance-related operations.
However, since many service-based companies need to monitor their budgets on a daily basis, Jira has joined forces with numerous add-ons and tools capable of expanding its possibilities and creating a more comprehensive view of a company's finances.
Primetric is one of such tools!
Primetric - your key to Jira invoicing
If you already track your employees’ time in Jira, Primetric can help you convert their efforts into invoices, reports, and more.
In Primetric, you can comprehensively manage the invoicing process. In the tool, you can:
- Set an individual hourly or monthly wage for both employees and contractors.
- Allow your team members to log their time freely (the information can be transferred both to and from Jira, too!).
- Monitor the project progress in a sprint or a chosen period of time.
- Create and browse the timesheet for the project or a part of it.
- See how the worked hours translate into the costs and incomes.
- Generate the invoices for the customer, export them to PDF and settle them in the same system.
Apart from the Jira invoices, Primetric also has a few other features that may interest you!
In the system you can also find:
- resource planning features for both projects and people with intuitive, drag-and-drop calendar,
- time offs and holidays included in all the calculations,
- skill management,
- project portfolio management for those who tend to take care of numerous operations at once,
- a wide variety of business intelligence tools and automated features,
- advanced reporting with real-time updates and automated calculations.
Last but not least, Primetric can easily be integrated with Jira - it just takes a few clicks!
Best tools and processes for your business?
We have them gathered for you.
Browse our other articles to learn more about features included in Jira:
- Jira resource planning,
- Jira resource management,
- Jira timesheets,
- Jira time tracking,
- Jira time tracking tools,
Or jump straight to our blog for a healthy dose of news from your industry.