What is Jira Portfolio?
Jira Porfolio is a plugin or add-on developed by Atlassian, the company behind Jira. Portfolio for Jira extends the capabilities of Jira by providing a set of advanced features for strategic planning and project portfolio management.
What is Jira Portfolio for?
With Portfolio for Jira, teams and organizations can plan, track, and manage multiple projects and initiatives in a centralized and collaborative manner. It allows users to create and visualize roadmaps, allocate resources, and manage dependencies across projects.
Jira Portfolio - basic features
Key features of Portfolio for Jira include:
- Roadmapping, which allows teams to visualize the project timelines and communicate the project's progress to stakeholders.
- Scenario Planning exploring different project combinations, resource allocations, and timelines. This helps in making informed decisions and evaluating the impact of changes before implementation.
- Capacity Planning for allocating resources effectively by considering team members' availability, skill sets, and workloads.
- Dependency Management providing visibility into how changes in one project can affect others, facilitating better coordination and risk management.
- Reporting and Analytics. The plugin offers various reporting capabilities to track project progress, monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), and generate visual reports.
What features are not included in Jira Portfolio?
Jira Portfolio primarily focuses on enhancing the project management functionality. Consequently, it lacks the following capabilities:
- Broader financial features like project budgeting, overhead costs, or employee bench costs.
- Modules for resource forecasting or other tools for predicting future company conditions.
- Advanced resource planning features, such as reservations and draft allocations.
- Comprehensive reports that integrate information from different business areas, including capacity, finances, and organizational overheads.
- An invoicing feature for managers to bill customers based on logged hours.
Jira Portfolio: pros and cons
Considering the details shared earlier, does Jira Tempo Timesheets encompass all the necessary features for a manager's role? Here is a comparison outlining its benefits and drawbacks.
Can I somehow expand Jira Portfolio?
Yes - both basic Jira and Jira Portfolio can be expanded with even more tools to provide its users with even broader scope of features.
For example, Primetric can add to these system advanced financial features and numerous other tools that can provide managers with an overview of all the operations in their companies.
Let’s see how the tool compares to Jira Portfolio.
Primetric vs Jira Portfolio: comparison
Do you want to learn more about Jira plugins?
Read our articles about:
- Jira Timesheets Reports and Gadgets,
- Jira Tempo Timesheets,
- best plugins for Jira timesheets,
- top choices for Jira time tracking plugins,
- best capacity planning tools,
or, if you feel like our tool would be a good match for you, simply book a demo with our advisors and let us show you how you can benefit from it!